I love each new year. I love reviewing the past year, the good and bad. I like thinking of the future, setting some goals to accomplish in the new year. I love having a specific goal (or goals) to work on, to improve. It is a fresh start, to think about where you are, and where you want your life to go.
I have been thinking a lot lately about my goals for this year. My 2011 goals fizzled out, due to being pregnant the first half of the year, and having a newborn the second half of the year. Now I’m feeling more able to set new goals and work on improving myself and my family life.
Some of my top 2012 goals are;
- Organize my life. My house, my desk, and my “other” things like photos, and home videos.
- Have more fun activities as a family. Sometimes we are too focused on getting work and chores done, we don’t slow down enough to have fun memories, which I think is so important.
- Complete a photo book for 2011, and 2009. 2010 is done and beautiful!
- Complete some projects as a family, building family unity and teaching the value of work, accomplishing things together.
- Have one overnight getaway with Brandon this year. This has never happened since we have started our family, so this will be a big goal to reach. The main reason is we dont live near our families, so its tough to find someone to watch our children overnight.
Do you set new year’s resolutions? Do you follow through, or do they get forgotten after a few weeks?